Friday, February 03, 2006

Holding Out

Hello, and welcome to my blog. First, a disclaimer: I held out as long as I could. I didn't want to blog. I feared the blog. I lurked on other people's blogs, never posting, never commenting. But my own? Well, what if I say something stupid? What if my writing is less than...writerly? It's what I do in my day job, so there's an added pressure to blog with excellence. What if one of my asinine remarks floats in cyberspace indefinitely, and comes back to bite me in the rear some fifty years from now?

But then I got over myself. So, again, welcome. I'll do my best to post regularly, with writer tips and the latest events in one woman's crazy life.

Because after all, when it comes down to it, I'm probably no wierder than you.

Right?
Writer tip of the day: Write the thing you fear. Whether it's a scene, or a character, or a plot point you're afraid is bigger than your skill, you must write it. Step into it, be bold and don't hold back. That's where the good stuff comes from.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kern said...

Nice Blog Baby! How did you do that? Here are my Oscar hopes and predictions.

Best Picture: The only one I've seen is Crash, and it was great. Since Guess Who was forgotten, Crash is my pick.

Best Actor, I can't believe Bernie Mac was passed over. He was outstanding. That leaves me with Joaquin Phoenix since his is the only performance I have seen thus far. He did as good as anyone could possibly expect to in that role.

Best Actress has to go to Reese Witherspoon. She was better that the real thing.

Best Director should go to Clint Eastwood again this year for Million Dollar Baby. I know it doesn't work that way, but it should. Great Movie.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Britta Coleman said...

Thanks! I'm not quite sure how I did it...I'm just glad it's working.

Sorry about the overlook on Guess Who. Maybe you could do a write in?

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home