Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Saucy Life Changes

I'm from Texas and we're serious about our spicy stuff. And I'm here to boldly proclaim: this green sauce will change your life. I am not kidding.

Dip chips in it, pour it over grilled chicken, slather it on enchiladas. For the healthy folks, it makes a nice dunker for carrots and celery. It's excellent on fish tacos as well.

I got the recipe from a lifelong friend (thank you, Kristie!), and since I don't cook I immediately handed it over to my husband, the chef. He whirred it up in no time and I've been in saucy heaven ever since.

Kristie's Kickin' Cilantro Cream Sauce

1 8 oz. cream cheese
1 T. sour cream
1 (7 oz.) can tomatillo salsa
1 t. pepper
1 t. celery salt
1/2 t. cumin
2 t. garlic powder
1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
1 T. lime juice

Combine in a blender and serve. Refrigerate leftovers.
(Leftovers? What leftovers?)

Have a favorite spicy food? (I need more things to pour this sauce on...)

4 Comments:

Blogger Kern said...

I am a little worried that this has been published without being protected under copyright laws. This is a recipe that resaurants can be built upon. Kristie, I don't know where you found this, but it is a winner. If this is your original, you need to go public with it. If you need a partner, I'm your man. Excellent!

6:11 AM  
Blogger Britta Coleman said...

Good thing Kristie won't sue.

An addendum: Green sauce is also great on hamburgers (grilled by Kern) and black beans and - this is embarrassing - french fries.

Can you tell I'm obsessed with the sauce???

11:52 AM  
Blogger Desperate Writer said...

Fish tacos? *shudder* But the sauce sounds good.

I like to marinate chicken in Claude's Fajita seasoning and then grill it. They might just compliment one another...

6:56 PM  
Blogger Britta Coleman said...

I love Claude's seasoning. We've used a their marinade to make beef jerky.

(I'm using the "we" loosely, as I mentioned before, I don't cook. Per se.)

But really, fish tacos are good. A firm fish, grilled or fried, in a white corn tortilla with shredded red cabbage. The first ones I had were at Berryhill's Tamales in Houston - they sound so gross, but I promise, they're green sauce worthy.

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home