Thursday, July 13, 2006

Yo Shorty...It's a Birth-Day

When a new book hits the shelves the experience is something like giving birth. You've waited. And waited. Spent sleepless nights dreaming of the future, and dealt with neuroses and raging hormones (or is that just me?) Pre-booknancy is marked by nausea, fear, and sometimes, unattractive mood swings and swelling of the ankles.

And when the pregnancy part is over and the little paper-swathed baby finally arrives, well. You cry. You laugh. You pray for a good long life for your little one. It's wonder and terror and exhilaration all at once.

The trade paperback version of POTTER SPRINGS officially enters the world today. The official word from the author: WOO-HOO!!!

Makes me a little sick to my stomach (post-partum, perhaps?), but really, I'm excited. Every time I see my book in stores, the surprise hits me all over again: holy cow, I might be a real author after all.

So here's me popping a little champagne on a birth-day of sorts...and a tip of the glass to you in celebration and many heartfelt thanks.

8 Comments:

Blogger Desperate Writer said...

Congratulations, Britta!

4:25 PM  
Blogger Desperate Writer said...

P.S.-- My Mother in Law just called me from her book club meeting, she's pitching it to them tonight!

4:25 PM  
Blogger Shannon Canard said...

You want me to bake a cake? Just say the word and let me know what kind...

10:01 AM  
Blogger Kern said...

Coast to Coast! Potter Springs is available in stores from Manhattan to Portland to Garden City, KS! Full display at Barnes and Noble on Royal and Preston in Dallas. Congratulations!

10:53 AM  
Blogger Britta Coleman said...

Thanks, DW - and hugs to the MIL!

12:20 PM  
Blogger Britta Coleman said...

Yes, I want a cake! What are my choices? :)

12:20 PM  
Blogger Britta Coleman said...

Way to go on the recon, Kern! Really, you're the best.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Relief. I found your blog link on your site! I thought you'd quit blogging! A late congrats on the book release! I'll go take a look at the stores here in A-town. Ride the high for a good long time. You deserve it!

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home