Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Church Ladies

On the tour front...

My last official gig was with a United Methodist's Women's group in Texas. What a hoot. Here's why I enjoy (most) church ladies: they love to laugh, they have a heart for helping others, and generally they're pretty down to earth.

Personally, I don't know many of the Bible-thumping, tight permed women with frown lines who make a mockery of all things spiritual. Most church ladies I know defy stereotype with gentleness, kindness and good humor.

Take for example, my new friend Lois. (I wanted to scrunch down to look shorter, but she said not to.)

Isn't she cute?
 
So, my thanks to you sweet women of Meadowbrook for hosting me, and for the excellent punch and cookies. I especially liked your penny prayer idea and the quiet way you live out your devotion.

You do your faith proud.

p.s. I'm glad you picked POTTER SPRINGS as one of your "not sucky" books for review. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger ScottM said...

Britta, unlike the unpretentious church ladies, tall women make me insecure. Feel free to "scrunch down" if you are standing next to me even if no one is taking a picture.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Britta Coleman said...

Hi Scott,

Out of the entire blog, I'm surprised you didn't comment on the subject of "not sucky" books...

I'll work on the scrunching down. (I had it nearly perfected in junior high.)

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home