Monday, July 16, 2007

Marsha Moyer Makes Me Laugh

Today I'm headed to Dallas to visit one of my favorite writers. Marsha Moyer, who writes the engaging Lucy Hatch series, made a huge splash a few years back when she sold her first novel in a fantastic two-book hardback/softback deal. If you've read her writing (lyrical, clever and laugh out loud funny) you know why. She's following up with the third in the series, called Heartbreak Town. If it's anything like the other two, I'm sure I'll be up all night reading.

Marsha Moyer is doing a read and booksigning tonight, Monday, July 16 at 7:00 p.m. at Borders Books & Music, 10720 Preston Road, Dallas, TX. She's a terrific speaker, dry and witty, and as a frequent teacher for the Writers' League of Texas, Marsha has plenty of insight on the biz. If you're in the area, drop by and say hello. I'll be in the front row, and I'm bringing my mama with me.

Which authors/books make you laugh out loud?

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Kern said...

I laughed throughout "The $64 Tomato" by William Alexander. It is the true account of this man's attempt at gardening. Having failed several times myself at raising tomatoes, it rang very true. Squirrels, deer, groudhogs, beetles, webworms, disease, you name it. He had it all. Highly recomended for anyone who's ever killed a plant.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Travis Erwin said...

The two that come to mind first are Jennifer Crusie and Richard Russo. I know they are vastly different but I enjoy them both.

Oh, and Kinky Freidman.

Humor is something I'm trying to incorporate more of. And Britta, check you email I have a question to ask you. Don't worry it's nothing bad.

6:04 PM  
Blogger desperate_writer said...

I like Marsha, too! Can't wait to read this one.

I like Geralyn Dawson, Jill Barnett and Jenny Cruisie for the wit and humor they inject into their stories. Susan Elizabeth Phillips make me laugh out loud, too.

11:48 AM  
Blogger dee said...

Christopher Moore is still a favorite of course with "Lamb" being my favorite for laugh out loud, I'm going to hell - funny!! Although I have to read the $64 tomato since my hubby and I raise a crop of those every year!!

12:17 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Only your second post for July, Miss Britta? Hmmm? Is that really good enough. I hope you are aware that you have fans such as Travis that would dearly love to see you post more often.

So how about it, huh?

6:33 PM  
Blogger Terrie Farley Moran said...

Great post, Britta.

I must echo Dawn. Travis has suggested we stop in here for great posts and we need more of them!

Terrie

4:25 AM  
Blogger Travis Erwin said...

Just a heads up Britta. I posted a little something about you over on my blog. I also asked veryoen to pop over here and harrass you to post a bit more often.

Hey, What are friends for?

6:36 AM  
Blogger Tena said...

Knock three times and tell them Travis sent you... :-)

Hey Britta!

David Sedaris makes coffee squirt out of my nose.

2:57 AM  
Blogger Britta Coleman said...

Travis, you stinker! Point well taken, friends of my friend, and many thanks for stopping by. Check back tomorrow for an all-new, fresh-for-July post.

Other authors that make me laugh:

David Sedaris
Janet Evanovich
Larry McMurtry
Jonathan Franzen

Read tomorrow's blog for more!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Britta Coleman said...

Just want to add special hellos to new posters Dawn, Terrie, and Tena.

For my regulars, thanks for your infinite patience and I hereby promise more frequent posts. (I think I can...I think I can...I think I can!)

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home