Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Daisy Days


Here's me trying to be artsy fartsy photographer with the flowers from National Author's Day. Pretty, no?

The flowers are gone (Gerberas don't last forever), but the writing continues...I'm about a third of the way through this round, and I'm liking it so far. Bit by bit, I'll get there.

Other updates:

1. Saw Darjeeling Limited and liked it (I'm a Wes Anderson fan). Quotable line: "Can we agree on this?" Poignant to see Owen Wilson pre-trauma. He's so talented.
2. I am beyond stoked about Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys, for the first time since Troy Aikman dominated the field, with help from Emmitt and Michael. Jury's still out on T.O., but I'm afraid I'm wavering...because when that man catches a pass, it's a beautiful thing to see.
3. Countdown to Project Runway: ONE DAY!!! hee hee hoo hoo (that's me hyperventilating.) Can't wait to see Tim, Heidi and the gang -- love Michael Kors's snotty asides. Will do a better job of collecting them this year.

Yes, the TiVo is fired up and ready!

8 Comments:

Blogger Kern said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Kern said...

Great photo, your Aunt Sue would be proud. I am a new Wes Anderson fan, and Darjeeling is my favorite. "What do you want for breakfast?" Rushmore is my second favorite. Britta is too young to remember, but Tony plays a lot like The Dodger. There was ALWAYS a chance when #12 was on the field. I am also excited about Project Runway. Chloe and Ulie are my favorites from the past. My pre-season favorite is Texan Elisa Jimenez. She turned down a spot on season 1, went to London, was hit by a car, died, came back to life, and is on season 4. That's better than Days of Our Lives. I hope she is a contender.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Kern said...

Apparently, Elisa Jimenez got hit pretty hard by that car in London. She is wavering between free spirited and nuts. I can't look away though, I am pulling for her still. On another note, I am reading my scond John Irving Novel. A Prayer for Owen Meany is my all time favorite novel, and The World According to Garp is unfolding to be just as good. Jenny Fields is already one of the greatest characters thanks to our friend in Denton, Allegra, who insited I read it. She loved it so much, she tattooed "Garp" on her leg. Maybe we can get a picture of that.

6:37 AM  
Blogger Travis Erwin said...

Yes the pic is nice. Glad to hear of your writing progress. I have been beating my head against the wall these last few weeks on my WIP.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Travis Erwin said...

And Kern? I'm still waiting on you to start a blog. Your comments are always entertaining.

11:03 AM  
Blogger April said...

Great pic, Britta! Pwetty pwetty.

As long as T.O. keeps his mouth shut and behaves, and keeps catching footballs, he can stay, I guess. :)

9:11 PM  
Blogger dee said...

Roger the Doger Story -
So my mom used to be like the biggest cowboy fan ever when I was a kid....she insisted on watching the game come hell or high water. My dad thought it was a total waste of time and that we should be watching something educational like Mutual of Omaha.....
Which lead to one of the most memorable fights i ever witnessed from my parents with much screaming while the three of us sat on the couch watching the action like a Wimbledon tennis match! At the end my dad stomped out of the house and backed his truck right into a tree - one of the very few on the whole property...of course we were all watching from the front door and my mother laughed so hard I thought she was going to pass out...so my dad finally got out of the truck and walked by us like nothing had happened and went to the barn where he stayed the whole time the game was on and we cheered for ROGER!!!

7:19 PM  
Blogger Britta Coleman said...

Dee, that's absolutely hysterical. The best part is your dad walking by as though nothing happened. Now I know where you get your chutzpah.

4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home