Thursday, January 08, 2009

Elvis and Travis

Happy Birthday to the late (allegedly) Elvis Presley. While I'm not a huge Elvis fan, he did write one of my favorite songs -- "Always on My Mind." Willie Nelson's version, in my opinion, is the best. Heartwrenching and true.

Speaking of heartwrenching, my thoughts and prayers are with my Amarillo friend and blogging icon, Travis Erwin. He lost his home to a fire this week. He and his family survived without injury, for which I thank God. If you know Travis, or simply want to express a kindness or two, please stop by his blog.

If you want to help the Erwins (and you will after reading his poignant account of the fire), please visit Habitat for Travis. Every little bit counts.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Travis Erwin said...

Thanks Britta. I have been trying to touch base with many of my friends via the blogworld today, but the visits keep bringing tears to my eyes.

5:30 AM  
Blogger Renae said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this. Our prayers are with your friend, Britta.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Sepiru Chris said...

Britta,

I, with Junosmom, am keeping a mirror MTM site to hand back to Travis when all is better and he wants them back. I want to keep it alive and well for Travis.

If you are going to post an MTM, let me know by dropping a line on the most recent MTM so I can add you to the mirror and keep it going for Travis.

Cheers,
Chris

4:59 AM  
Blogger Leigh Russell said...

Thanks for letting us know. I'll visit Travis right now.

5:32 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

i also like are you lonesome tonight by elvis. He did have some very touching songs(like the one you mentioned which was written for priccila)
-amy

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home